Anais Nin

“I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships. I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic -- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself.”

Friday 2 July 2010

Gives Me Hope

Some time ago I stumbled across the Gives Me Hope website and have taken to reading the little messages of love, hope and inspiration whenever I am feeling in need of a lift. A couple of days ago I was feeling particularly heavy-hearted and questioning myself, my life, my body, my thoughts (just the usual head-fodder for us former depressionistas) and I decided to pay a visit to said site.
The very first message I read was this -

"You may or may not believe me, but YOU are beautiful, strong, and I think you can make it through this. Don't give up. You GMH."

A torrent of tears followed. A random stranger touched deep inside my heart and right there, in the midst of my self-indulgent misery, he or she gave me hope.

Thank you. Sincerely. With all of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment